Friday, May 9, 2008

all sorts of stuff

The other day I heard something funny, a wife laughing back at her husband for his claim of "fishing hard" on WI trout opener, the thought! I fish hard, get dog tired then do it again. fish hard....

Here's what's happening in my neck of the woods.

heard some reliable reports about the croix, high water or not they have to be eating somewhere. what I heard was kinni decent as well as a couple other spots. However bro fritzy did get a monster sheepie, 18lbs! looked like a damn ocean fish! I'll try it sunday night if time allows.

Hamroom! the ham is just around the corner, did I mention Ingy and I are going to win it this year?

Trout stuff: had 2 terrific fella's from Louisiana today, we fished hard. BUT, the caddis and trout become cooperative and turned into an outstanding day of fishing. Joey and David fished hard too, Joey even treated himself to a five minute snooze after lunch, nice work.. Caddis coparadun's, bigger than usual did the trick, but at one point you could do no wrong, I'm sure they are still coming off.

Tomorrow I'm on the Rush with Brent Paulson, local angler out to pick up a few new tricks. weather looks like some rain perhaps but conditions are ripe for a nice hatch of bugs.

fish hard!

No comments: